Victoria Association of Malawians and Friends (VAOMAF) was formally formed in 2015 to Work Collectively with People of Malawian origin, those that have a relationship with a person of Malawi origin, or have a genuine interest in Malawi .
Work collectively as Malawians to promote, create, encourage, foster and achieve economic, social environments in which sustainable, diversified collective and personal growth is realized.
Objectives of the Association
- To represent, promote and protect the interests and welfare of Malawians living in Australia.
- To promote the social interaction between Malawians and other nationals in Australia.
- To carry out projects both in Australia and Malawi subject to a resolution by the members.
- Encouraging social interaction by communicating openly and honestly, sharing collective knowledge and resources between members.
- Exploring opportunities and developing initiatives to facilitate economic growth in the Australia, Malawi and Africa
- Attracting new members, conducting charitable activities for the Association.
- Network with other Malawian associations, African associations, and other associations and individuals.
- To facilitate the settlement of Malawians in Australia in all its forms.
- To foster the development of members as individuals, students, parents, and career/working people.
- To provide a forum for members to interact and socialize through discussions, cultural events, social and other activities.
- To assist Association members represent the Association at higher regional, national and international levels.
- Promote mentorship within the association or draw on resource persons external to the association